Wednesday 7 January 2015

Socials 8-1, 8-2 (Wednesday) and 8-3 (Thursday)

Today we started with a check-in of the big topics we've studied so far. We are beginning an examination of the Late Middle Ages and the feudal system, and I wanted us to be able to place that in relation to the other cultures we've studies thus far. I told a story about my first visit to Scotland back when I was 12 years old. It is my way of connecting to some of my first experiences with "history."Next, we did a difficult group activity: I asked you to consider how we might divide Canadian society? I saw lots of good work and in the end we decided that this was a difficult question (perhaps as tough as 8/10).  Next class we'll look at William the Conqueror.  There is no homework, but i asked that you continue to ask how we might divide our society.

We learned the meaning of the word, "factoid."

I asked you to think more deeply during our next unit.


No comments:

Post a Comment