Thursday 26 March 2015

History 12-1: Finishing up Italy

Today we began with a short, fun quiz. If you were not pleased with the outcome it should direct you to review your notes or DeMarco. Remember, all of the slide presentations can be accessed via SlideShare.

Next, we debriefed Ex #6: again, some of you did not do that reading - remember I design the work to give you a chance to gain a deeper understanding of the concepts - if you choose to ignore that it will likely impact your ability to get those high marks on the unit tests.

We also reviewed the idea of the Corporate State and how the lot of the Italian workers was impacted negatively, in spite of the Fascists' promises.

For homework, finish up the DeMarco chapter and do the last exercise (but ignore the assignment that follows it). 

Tomorrow we begin Germany.

2 comments:

  1. alright Mr Marshall, if I get a deMarco I'll send you these homeworks and a postal card from France (because I know you love my country so much you've been here on vacations)
    Pierre Baguette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, bonjour Pierre. I do think your country is beautiful and I fully understand why it is the most visited country in the world. I told the class you posted a comment to the blog and they all had a smile. I was telling them the other week how you corrected my pronunciation of "bourgeoisie" (five times!) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete