Monday 20 October 2014

Socials 11: Monday, Oct 20: Role playing tough First World War decisions

Today we started with a graphic to illustrate the various factors that were challenging the stability of Europe prior to the war.  You should feel comfortable about speaking to a few of these.  Next, we got into groups and role played a variety of scenarios associated with Canada and the war.  I was pleased with your engagement.  I was very pleased with the quality of your discussions and the solutions that came out of them.  In all cases, you were able to hit on the points that I had hoped would come out and in some cases you came up with ideas I hadn't even considered (and I've done a lot of considering on this topic).  We ended with my extending the graphic to include the characteristics of the war and a nemonic to help you remember some of the MAIN causes.  For homework I asked that you complete Falk Ex #9 (technology) and #16 (women).


Thanks for another good class today.


No comments:

Post a Comment