Monday 24 November 2014

Socials 11: Writing workshop

Today I returned the "Battle of the Atlantic" paragraphs that we handed in and then we had a writing workshop.  I started by using a rubric to identify the elements of a piece of historical writing.  I tried to pick out the key pieces that students often puzzle about, and then spoke about how to address them.  Here are the board notes:

Next, put up some sample topic sentences and their closers and we worked to see what was good and what could be improved.  Thanks go to the students who shared.  Here is an example:



We did not have time to review Ex # 10-11 (tomorrow is another day).  For homework, I asked that you view the four-part screencast of the Italian campaign lesson (37 minutes) on my YouTube account. Here is the link to the page. This topic is one of the choices for your next paragraph (it will be your next assignment for marks).

No comments:

Post a Comment