Tuesday 17 September 2013

H Block: Socials 8-3

Today we opened the class learning about Internet and blogging etiquette and how to add a comment to a blog post.  I asked students to comment on one thing they have learned so far in class and one thing that they like (so far) about secondary school.

Afterwords, we each made one PPT slide about what we've been learning in class about maps/the globe.  The slide was to be printed and hung on the classroom wall as a mini-poster.  Please try to get your work printed between classes if you were unable to print today.

Please try to get a flash drive (USB memory stick) to keep at school so that you have a means to save work you create on the computer.

12 comments:

  1. I would just like to say that this is a wonderful opportunity to publish my thoughts. I didn't think it would be so much fun. Thanks, Mr. Marshall; this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no socials homework... yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two things I have learned in Socials is how to properly use this blog and how to properly use Microsoft Powerpoint.

      Delete
  3. my favorite thing about high school is lunch i have learned ore about power point

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sup! What I've learned? Well, I learned about the Prim Mirideam. The one main thing I enjoy about secondary school is the base freedom and creativity of certain subjects. That's it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have learned more about power point. My favorite thing about the big school is lunch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the freedom given at lunch. I've learned a lot of French

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far I've learned about the the key points of latitude in Mr.Marshall's class. What I enjoy about high school is having a teacher that focuses on that certain subject, so they have a good amount of knowledge on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've learned to read coordinates on maps and facts about latitude and longitude. I love the freedom in high school and having a different teacher for every subject!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the many things that I have learned in socials so far is how to work the background of PowerPoint. Though by no means am I a artist. A thing that I really love about high school is my locker. I have always hated cubbies and refused to use them in elementary school. It saddens me that I can only pick one thing that I love about high school though because overall I love most of the things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi it's Hollie!!!! I have learned to properly established how to find coordinates on a map!! I love how in high school u have so much freedom!

    ReplyDelete