Wednesday 18 September 2013

B Block: Socials 8-2

Today we opened the class learning about Internet and blogging etiquette and how to add a comment to a blog post.  I asked students to comment on one thing they have learned so far in class and one thing that they like (so far) about secondary school.

Afterwords, we each made one PPT slide about what we've been learning in class about maps/the globe.  The slide was to be printed and hung on the classroom wall as a mini-poster.  Please try to get your work printed between classes if you were unable to print today.

Please try to get a flash drive (USB memory stick) to keep at school so that you have a means to save work you create on the computer.

Please remember to give your parents the student data form to be checked and returned asap.  Also, let them see the photo order forms - you must pre-pay or you won't be able to get a photo package.

11 comments:

  1. I really like Socials 8 because we get to do exciting things like write on this VERY cool blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we learned about lines of longitude and the lines of latitude

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked learning about all of the lines of longitude and latitude and being able to pinpoint locations on the earth. I also love the freedom of high school and all of the friends that i am meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned about the prime meridian and the equater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned how to read the lines of latitude and longitude. I like being in a bigger school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned how to find any place on a map... most people can that i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I leaned about the lines of Latitude and Longitude. I like being with my friends

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have learned how to use Powerpoint on the computer.
    I like Chat because it has a lot of cool events that you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i learned how to make a top bar in power point. my favourite thing about high school is that you have more than 1 teacher and have your own locker. also that you can go to sechelt at lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned that you always can expect a laugh in Mr. Marshalls class and I like the new people i meet. :)

    ReplyDelete