Friday 1 November 2013

History 12-2/12-3: Thursday and Friday

I'm sorry I missed the post yesterday: I had an appointment after school and then went trick-or-treating with my kids (I don't have many of those years left).

On Thursday we looked at the exercises in Chapter 6 of DeMarco.  We also completed the Night of the Long Knives PowerPoint and the Enabling Act study guide sheet.  On Wednesday I had also asked everyone to complete the exercises in DeMarco up to page 100.  I did not give any homework so people could enjoy Halloween.

Today we broke into groups and reviewed the answers to the Chapter 7 DeMarco work and then shared in a round-robin.  That is how we'll try to deal with the readings from now on, except I won't be giving time to "research" the questions like I did today.  I may ask the students who choose not to prepare their work outside the class to catch up while those who did their work share their answers: please come to class prepared.

I also gave out a photocopy of the Unit Two vocab terms.  Here is a link to a combined class Google Doc: shared-class Unit 2 vocab terms


We ended the class looking at a PowerPoint on the three dictators we've studied and their economic platforms.  There is a copy of the slides on my SlideShare account - use the link if you'd like to see it: Dictators Economies .  We'll be writing on this on Monday. 



We'll also review the Russia/USSR test.  The rewrite will be on Wednesday - last chance to get your term mark improved before report cards. 

Please ensure you finish Chapter 7 in DeMarco for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment