Monday 7 October 2013

A Block: History 12-2

Today I began by returning the unit tests and showing students their current marks.  Next we reviewed the test.  I will give you some time to review and reflect but the retest will have to be done soon.  If you would like help with your writing or anything else, feel free to come and see me.  My most common observed weakness was insufficient detail: in a 150-word paragraph that means you will have to be very concise writers - there is no room for fluff of wordiness.

I tried to explain the importance of you taking responsibility for your reading.  Few History 12 students are successful by just coming to class and listening to lessons/discussions. I urge you to do your homework - it is not "make-work" or work for work's sake.  I truly believe that you have to be exposed to these ideas/stories before we "cover" them for any meaningful understanding to occur in and after class.

Next we reviewed DeMarco pp.40-44.  You should already have read to page 47; your new reading is to read to page 50.  I issued study guide 14 on the Marxist economic plans.  We'll look at those next class.

Here is the link to the Russia Google Doc that we'll soon be using to summarize the Russia unit: Russia Timeline Google Doc

New Economic Policy clip - 3 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment